Cookies play an important part in improving your experience as a user of OfficialCharts.com. Here we outline our policy relating to cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Using OfficialCharts.com, involves placing cookies on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone.
Cookies can either be “session-based” – which means they are deleted when you leave OfficialCharts.com, or “persistent” – which means it will stay on your device after you leave: this allows the website to remember you when you come back. You can always adjust your browser settings so that these cookies are removed when you close your session
Cookies are used in other ways to improve your experience of OfficialCharts.com, by (for example):
- enabling us to recognise your device - so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task;
- provide relevant content and advertising;
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for OfficialCharts.com to function properly. Without them, your experience of the sites won’t be complete. Others are to improve the performance of the websites, and a some are provided by third parties advertising on OfficialCharts.com.
If you would like a full list of the cookies we use, please contact us via our Feedback form.
Your privacy is important to us
The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of OfficialCharts.com (for example, the cookie that enables us to remember what’s in your shopping basket), but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
Cookies used include:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to understand of visitors use the website. We use that information for customer analytics and to serve advertisements that we think might be of particular interest to you on our and other websites. Your browser may use similar cookies for similar purposes and to serve advertisements for others.
(2) Some of our cookies help us remember your devices so that we can provide the appropriate website experience. For example, remembering your settings preferences and customise how we present our services according to the screen size of that device.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site by us or by your browser. They are anonymous – they cannot be used to identify individuals, but they can also allow the advertiser or your browser to personalise advertising to the user when they visit other websites using the same browser. Analytics cookies are used by ourselves and by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once, making sure the advertising experience you receive isn’t repetitive.
(4) We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies, including your browser (such as Firefox, MS Edge andG oogle) and the third party companies who pay for advertising and analytics services using this information, will have their own privacy policies.
(5) When you share stories using social media, for example Facebook, the social media company will load a cookie and identifiers to track this.
Restricting, blocking or deleting cookies
However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from OfficialCharts.com (or any other website), you can use your internet browser to do so. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
For more information, including how to control and delete cookies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org, www.aboutcookies.org and you can adjust your cookie preferences at http://youronlinechoices.com/