The Official Charts Company currently licenses its charts, in their various forms, to an array of businesses to use within their weekly or monthly programming, whether for radio, print, digital services, television or online.
The charts we compile not only include the Official Singles and Albums Charts, but a wide range of genre charts, including the Official Dance Chart, Official Urban Chart, Official Asian Chart, Official Rock Chart, Official Christian Chart, Official Streaming Chart plus many, many more. For a full rundown of the charts we offer, browse through the full list here: the Official Charts in full
We also have the capability to create a range of bespoke charts to the requirements of our partners. These can focus on historic charts and data, including the Official Singles Charts dating back to 1952, the Official Albums charts dating back to 1956, Official Number 1s, annual best sellers, Million Sellers, artist specific plus many others – or our current data, which enables us to slice and dice by any number of different genres, either taken from our menu of existing options or created from scratch at the request of our partners.
Key partners include:
- BBC Radio 1 – The Official Chart Show is broadcast every Friday from 4-5.45pm. For almost 50 years, the BBC has been the host of the UK’s Official Charts – and continues to be so, with host Scott Mills helming the Official Top 40 with guest appearances by artists looking to celebrate their new chart success.
- Music Week – the UK music industry’s leading trade publication has, in its various guises, been publishing the UK’s Official Charts for over 60 years. Charts include Singles, Albums and Streaming.
- MTV – The leading music channel broadcasts a range of weekly Official Charts, including the Official Singles Chart, Official Urban Chart, Official Streaming Chart plus others.
- Soundnet – UK’s largest jukebox business with approximately 70% market coverage of audio and visual content to bars, clubs and other venues, now includes Official Charts jukeboxes in over 13,000+ UK locations. Not only do they publish the Official Singles and Albums Charts and Official Number 1s, but also offer exclusive music content as supplied by OfficialCharts.com.
- Airlines’ inflight programming – Official Singles Charts from 1952 to date are available on inflight entertainment systems on all Emirates and Singapore Airlines aircraft.