Cookies play an important part in improving your experience as a user of OfficialCharts.com. Here we outline our policy relating to cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Using OfficialCharts.com, sometimes involves placing cookies on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone.
Cookies can either be “session-based” – which means they are deleted when you leave OfficialCharts.com, or “persistent” – which means it will stay on your device after you leave: this allows the website to remember you when you come back. Cookies are used in other ways to improve your experience of OfficialCharts.com, by (for example):
- enabling us to recognise your device - so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task;
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested;
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast;
- remembering what you’ve put in your shopping basket, so you don’t lose it if you navigate to another page.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for OfficialCharts.com to function properly. Without them, your experience of the sites won’t be complete. Others are to improve the performance of the websites, and a few are provided by third parties advertising on OfficialCharts.com.
- respond to your actions on the website such as "Add to basket";
- respond to your actions on the website such as "recent items" or browsing the website;
- enable the function of Google Analytics. This enables us to improve the website and shopping experience;
- remember your preference settings for some of our online services;
- remember choices you make (such as your user name) to provide enhanced, more personal features; and
- measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.
If you would like a full list of the cookies we use, please contact us via our Feedback form.
Your privacy is important to us
The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of OfficialCharts.com (for example, the cookie that enables us to remember what’s in your shopping basket), but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
Restricting, blocking or deleting cookies
However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from OfficialCharts.com (or any other website), you can use your internet browser to do so. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.