We are currently recruiting for:
Are you an experienced digital editor who knows your Miley from your Kylie? Can you flit seamlessly from Stormzy to Springsteen, while navigating the career triumphs of Mabel, Mogwai and Mr Blobby all in a completely normal day’s work? Yes? Then we have just the role for you.
As the Official Charts Company gears up to celebrate 70 Years of the Official Singles Chart in 2022, we’re on the hunt for an experienced, well-connected, pop music-obsessed Editor with an appreciation for the UK charts past and present – from The Beatles through to Beyonce and beyond.
You’ll have a proven track record of driving traffic, audience growth and engagement across multiple digital channels. An intuitive eye for a story with well-honed multimedia journalism skills, you’ll be competent at delivering digital content that engages Gen Z and entertainment audiences online through written word, video, audio, social, SEO – and a knack for flexing to the best medium through which to deliver a story.
Purpose of the role
Creating, editing, and commissioning engaging, original cross-platform content and data journalism for OfficialCharts.com and its digital channels, reaching over 3 million monthly unique users at peak. Working closely with the Head of Brand & Digital and content team to devise and implement a new content and social strategy and ensure the content team's continued development and smooth day-to-day running of the department.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead the editorial vision and output – from tone of voice to volume of stories across our digital and social platforms, ensuring they are aligned with Official Charts values and point of difference.
- Devise and roll out new-look content strategy for OfficialCharts.com that reaches both ends of our audience, from Gen Z to nostalgia lovers.
- Plan, write, edit, direct and commission content for OfficialCharts.com and its digital channels spanning news, features and interviews - driving quality and uniqueness of the brand.
- Develop and execute strategy to create and manage video content, including the shooting, editing and distribution.
- Work with the brand team to develop Official Charts’ social presence - tap into internet culture while remaining true to Official Charts values, to create content to engage and build follower numbers.
- Drive talent and label relationships to deliver the best content, exclusives, and comms opportunities for the Official Charts brand and facilitate the role we play in supporting the wider music industry.
- Collaborate with commercial team on co-development of new sponsorable editorial pillars and packages. Take responsibility for production/commissioning of commercial content.
- Use analytics platforms to monitor and regularly review the performance of content.
- Work with Head of Brand & Digital to ensure content plans align with and drive brand objectives - including audience growth, awareness, positioning, relevancy, talkability, SEO.
- Sitting within the Official Charts brand team, report to the head of brand & digital, with day-to-day line management of internal content team and freelancers.
- Manage cross-department relationships within the Official Charts Company with the operations, commercial departments and senior management, as well as external stakeholders including music and video trade associations, record labels, and film studios.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in entertainment and digital publishing
- Knowledge and passion for music and entertainment industries
- Extensive black book of music contacts
- Innate understanding of what makes successful online content and the strategies that can be implemented to engage and grow online audiences
- A razor-sharp eye for detail and first-class copy-editing and subbing skills
- Multimedia journalism skills spanning written word, video, audio, graphics and relevant software packages
- Experience of managing a team of in-house cross-platform content creators, encompassing writers, video producers, social media
- Strong project management, planning and organisational skills to consistently meet objectives
- Deep understanding of online publishing, social media, SEO and emerging platforms
- Role involves regular data-led journalism, so confidence with numbers is key
- The ability to thrive under pressure and to move seamlessly between creative and managerial tasks
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Occasional weekend working may be required
London-based, with flexible working options available.
How to apply
Please send CV, salary expectations, plus three brief bullet point recommendations for the evolution of the Official Charts media brand.