Chart Operations Assistant, London
The Official Charts Company is the compiler of the UK’s official music and video charts and the leading supplier of sales research data to the entertainment industry.
We are currently seeking a Chart Operations Assistant with a sound knowledge of music and film to join the busy Operations team in a key supporting role. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful applicant will be the first point of contact for Official Charts' clients and will be responsible for handling general enquiries related to the charts and completing requests for sales information from music and video companies utilising Official Chart’s market leading online data service.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and efficient individual with good communication skills to secure an all-round role within a company at the centre of the entertainment industry.
Candidates must be proficient in all key PC packages. Advanced Excel skills and recent experience related to either music and/or video is desirable but not essential.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for general enquiries relating to the Official Charts.
- Providing general support to subscribers of the Official Charts Online service
- Demonstrating systems to new clients / refresher sessions for existing subscribers
- Compilation of bespoke music charts for media clients.
- Responsibility for identifying and recording chart facts and feats
- A sound knowledge of music and film to join the busy Operations team in a key role.
- Liaising with the Official Charts Company’s research agency on data and release matters
- On-going responsibility for maintaining and updating internal databases, reports and presentations
- Responsible for engaging with potential new retailers to join the Chart Panel
- On-going responsibility for operating Lighting: Live, the live music sales reporting procedure
- Providing support in the development of ad hoc reports for both clients, and non-clients
Analysis & Reporting
- Strong data analysis skills required to create bespoke reports for both audio and video clients
- Utilising the Official Charts Online Service to resolve data requests
- High degree of data manipulation and interpretation to present entertainment market data in a clear and concise manner to client specifications.
- Creation and compilation of a number of bespoke data reports to some of the leading companies in the entertainment sector.
- Excellent PC skills; advanced Excel skills and (preferable) working knowledge of database and statistical analysis software
- Someone with strong interpersonal skills and excellent telephone manner given the high degree of client contact.
- Self-motivated & ambitious team player
Salary c. £18-20k plus benefits.
How to apply:
Please email your CV together with covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 29th September 2017.
Agency applications will not be accepted or acknowledged. The Official Charts Company is an equal opportunities employer.